Tuesday, March 2, 2010

If One is Good...More is Better?!?

Since I am no longer teaching, I needed to find a new hobby to put my creative eneregies into. Instead of one hobby, I have found many that seem to grab my interest. These include:


Building Randoms - check out my adorable salvaged shed. Jas and I saved (tore down) an old garage in a neighboring town and then decided that it should be resurrected as a potting shed. Complete with recycled windows, doors and paver floor. Oh how I love this shed and I'll be blogging more about it.

Gardening - These are a few of my new lovelies that are just starting to reimerge from a long, soggy winter. Oh how I have missed my little friends and the joy that they bring me and my girls.


A is ALWAYS on the look out for new blooms any time we step outside. (She even pointed out to a friend the other day, "Look at our hellebores blooming!"). She is so obviously my girl (and for those who dont know, these are hellebores)!



Sewing - A hobby which I think my mom is secretly thrilled about. I started with A's starfish costume from scratch and it's grown from there. I have even tried making a few things with patterns (a novel idea). Here are a few of the aprons that I have delighted in making!! I love using bright and cheerful fabrics and what girl doesnt love wearing something fun while 'slaving' away in the kitchen.

Crafty Frames - A friend of mine taught me how to make these and I LOVE THEM! I can quickly change the look and feel of a room at the drop of a hat. I can change them per season and they make GREAT GIFTS!



Cooking and Baking - I began with a love of baking...however, I had to stop or I had to start saving more for new jeans, as mine were getting tight. Oh, but how I still love making beautiful and delicious cupcakes...if you ever need, I have quite the library of cupcake cookbooks. I have redirected my energies into cooking. Having two growing girls to feed, I do my best (although, I'm not perfect) to feed them mostly healthy foods. So far this is paying off, as both of my girls eat things that some adults won't touch. A and Had both LOVE TOMATOES. Truly! I can't wait for to get some into my garden. And with a 'Hunter Hubby,' I'm always on the lookout for new 'big game' recipes.

As I am passionate about each of my hobbies, I'm sure to be posting more about them all soon.


Here's to another great week!
God Bless You All.
Please pray for Luke and Caroline, as they are grieving the loss of a loved one and could use some.

1 comment:

Phil and Bri said...

I want your shed. period. enough said.