I instantly fell for it and Jas of course amused me and said he liked it too. But I could tell this was a love affair that I was embarking on on my own.
I HAD TO HAVE IT!!! I KNEW JUST WHERE I/WE WERE GOING TO PUT IT.
So, being only slightly persistant, I made a few phone calls (and then a few more) and then a week later, I got the call....IT WAS MINE (I mean ours)!!
OH my, but it was bigger than I realized; measuring in at 7' tall, 3' wide and 2' deep.
And along with being only slightly persistant, I might be a little stubborn and sometimes a little overly determined. So Friday, after putting Had down for a nap, I got to work. I cleaned out our pathetic little laundry room pantry; putting all of the goods/crap throughout our entire dining room.
WOW!! I had no clue that we had so much stuff crammed into such a small space. But after seeing it all over the place, I also went to work reprioritizing the things that would eventually go back. Then, I began to hammer out our preexisting shelves...by the grace of God, Had slept through this.
OK, so cut to the chase....after 3 1/2 hours of hard work and numerous trips back and forth to the garage to cut our new shelves....HE WAS DONE. And then came the task of getting the locker in....Did I mention it is 7 FEET TALL...Cause it is...and not an 1/8 of an inch shorter. And while it is that tall..it's even taller when tipped on edge to get it through a door opening....then it's 7'7" tall. So as Jas and I 'muscle' it into the laundry room, through a very narrow door opening, we realized that the light fixture would have to come down and out. OK, so muscle the locker back out....grab the ladder and screwdriver and out comes the light.
So now comes the fun part...I get to use some of my fun enamelware goodies and vintage wire locker baskets to help keep us organized and stylish.

1 comment:
I love it! What a great husband you have too. It's always fun to see you on my walks. Kay
Post a Comment