(and by gently, I mean knocked upside the head by a 2x4).
Delicately put, huh?
But seriously, in just the past week, I have been hit (not literally) 3 times (unrelated) by incredibly sad news.
And the first thought I had to myself was...
put your jammies on...and crawl back into bed (with my macchiato, of course) and just stay put.
Because before I had gotten out of bed, life was great (and there had been no bad news).
But then a thought occured to me...
I have to set an examply to my girls on just how to deal with tragedies when they occur(because they WILL occur).
So instead, I got up, got dressed (got my macchiato) and dealt with my days the best I could.
Doesn't mean I didn't sneak into a corner and cry a bit...
and it doesn't mean that I didn't share with A why I was sad...
but I still had to be a mom and a wife to my lovely family and continue on with my days.
I had a point with this...what was it again?
Oh yeah...
I wanted to remind each of you that in the big scheme of life (and all it's glory) it is the little things that matter most to those around you.
Some examples are:
-send a card to a dear friend who you don't get a chance to visit with as often as you'd like (heck, you could even sew her a cute little 'chemo' bag if you felt so inclined)
-get your husband's coffee ready the night before so that all he has to do in the morning is turn it on
-have breakfast and a cup of tea waiting for your kindergartner when she wakes up in the morning
...basically, if it would make someone smile...DO IT!!!
Here is what prompted this post for me:
Had and I stopped in at Starbucks this morning to grab a coffee (imagine that), and this is what was presented to me as I reached for my drink:
Our dear, barista, Ashley was working and when she heard me order through the speaker, she was inspired to do something small to make me smile...
...and it worked.
I had spent the morning in a little bit of a schlump and not really looking forward to what the day had in store for me...and Ashley's little bit of kindness completely changed my perspective on my day.
So for that, Ashley, I thank you...
as do my girls and husband too, Im sure.
The following photos are just some randoms that I have E.V.E.R.Y. intent of blogging about...
So consider these teasers:
My crazy girl going crazy...trust me it'll make more sense later. It's getting to be that time...
and in the midst of trying to clean my house,
I did something very fun and festive with these...
oh yeah...
and I may have eaten a few, too.I can't wait to blog about the story behind this photo.
Look close at Had's expression...it's hysterical. Just because I L.O.V.E my furry kiddos, too.
This is Ole the dog and Rueben the cat.
No, I didn't pose them...
...they really do love each other.
And finally...and pillow that I have made for the upcoming 'Junk Salvation' show.
Isn't it adorable? I love it..and may end up making another for myself...
...could serve as a great reminder in my living room that
it's the simple things in life that matter so much!

2 comments:
Tinell you ARE that girl. The DO IT girl. You definitely practice what you preach and it is felt by so many. Sweet post, can't wait to see all your upcoming blogging!
I want that pillow. it better be there when I go!! :)
Thanks for the reminder about the little things! and sorry for the sad news... :(
Post a Comment