Alright...I have a confession to make...
I {do not} want my girls to grow up!!!
It seems as though each stage that we enter upon is such a great one that I want to stay there forever
(and the older they get, the older I get, and the more gray hair's Jas gets).
Try as I may, the girls are in fact getting older, thus bringing us to more fun activities.
Case in Point:
A's First Dance Recital.
She began taking lessons at a local church a few months back one night a week with her bestest bud from school.
It is a total crack up to watch...ten 5-6 year olds trying to find their {rhythm} and look so cool while doing it.
Anyhow, after sitting through 10 weeks of rehearsals the big night had
FINALLY
arrived.
I quickly invited my Aunt Shawna to join us for a 'french-braid' party.
(have I mentioned yet that a pony tail is about as fancy as this momma gets.
Lucky for me...
I have an aunt who more than makes up for my inability to 'do' hair.
I {do not} want my girls to grow up!!!
It seems as though each stage that we enter upon is such a great one that I want to stay there forever
(and the older they get, the older I get, and the more gray hair's Jas gets).
Try as I may, the girls are in fact getting older, thus bringing us to more fun activities.
Case in Point:
A's First Dance Recital.
She began taking lessons at a local church a few months back one night a week with her bestest bud from school.
It is a total crack up to watch...ten 5-6 year olds trying to find their {rhythm} and look so cool while doing it.
Anyhow, after sitting through 10 weeks of rehearsals the big night had
FINALLY
arrived.
I quickly invited my Aunt Shawna to join us for a 'french-braid' party.
(have I mentioned yet that a pony tail is about as fancy as this momma gets.
Lucky for me...
I have an aunt who more than makes up for my inability to 'do' hair.
SURPRISE OF THE NIGHT!!!
Jas' mom and dad suprised us by making the 3-hour drive over to watch their first granddaughter in her first recital.
This meant so much to all of us to have them share part in A's special night.
My heart welled up so big when I answered the knock at the door that night.
They are sure special people...and my girls are blessed with wonderful grandparents...
on both sides!
It is sure hard to get a picture of this busy little girl that isn't blurry...
she DOES NOT STOP MOVING!!
Honest...she is a little 'goer.'
How cute is my little 'robin?'
It is hard to tell, but she is even cuter with her {picket-fence} smile.
Two missing on the bottom and one incredibly loose one on top.
What do you call a group of robins?
A gaggle??? A flock???
I don't know...but they sure are cute!
Pretty Cute!
We were also blessed with the pressence of a dear neighbor and my mom, NiNi.
A had her own cheering section.
While performing, A had the most serious look on her face...not once did she crack a smile.
She was very concentrated on the task at hand.
made me think ahead to graduations...YIKES!!!
She sure is a pretty special little girl.Of course, not to be outdone...
here's lil sister, Had, sporting A's bird beak/hat.
As soon as she decided it wasn't fun being a bird anymore, she took the strap off of the beak and decided that a mustache was much more {her style}.CRAZY GIRL!!
We followed up the recital with a trip to DQ for some Peanut Buster Parfaits, Blizzards and Ice Cream Sundaes.
What a fun night this was for the Skaug Family....
Full of Smiles, Family, Friends, Memories and Laughter.
{my disclaimer}
I tried to attach video of A's performance to this post...but I am not 100% sure of how to do it...so be on the lookout in the future for it...




2 comments:
So much fun!! I still remember my first recital! They are growing sooooo fast!!
Carla told me how much fun she had and that she was just so cute. She loved it and was so glad to be able to go. They are getting so big. Enjoy it all while you can.
Post a Comment