Have I ever mentioned that amidst all of the crazy animals that we have throughout our home that we also have a bunny?
Well...
We Do!
His name is Oliver.
And he is a wonderful bunny to have as a part of our family.
Oh...and he makes a wonderful 'prop' in pictures this time of year.
During a visit with a new friend, Kristal {Kristal Joy Photography}, who is a very talented photographer, I had mentioned that I wanted to have her take a few pictures of our girls for Easter and that I wanted to include Oliver in them as well.
(you see, Oliver has been in ALL of our Easter pictures that we've had taken of the girls...even back when it was just A)
Actually, it was at a session at Yuen Lui Studios that we learned that Oliver was up for adoption at the end of his scheduled Easter photo sessions...and me being OVERLY sentimental and too easily attached, decided (after some gentle coaxing to Jas) that he must become a part of our family (so we could continue to use him for our Easter pics).
That's right, we have a bunny that we care for, feed, etc for 365 days a year, basically so we can use him for our girls Easter pics.
But I WILL mention that we DO love him.
Anyhow, back to my original thought...
(cause I did have one)
after mentioning this to Kristal, she told me that she in fact had planned on hostessing a
Spring Mini Photo Shoot for any of her clients that were interested and was in the process of looking for a location.
She asked if she could do it at our home...
and after some serious consideration (took about 1.4 secs) I blurted,
'Of course you can do it here!'
Thus began my immediate motivation to spruce up our gardens and yard.
In addition to using our bunny-boy,
Kristal's momma, Pam, also brought along 6 baby chicks.
(insert big 'AAWWW')
My girls were infatuated with them...
I mean, how can you not be.
A was a very good 'chickie momma.'
The one she was holding even fell asleep cupped in her hands.
Had fell in love with the black one...
(there were 5 yellow ones and one little black one)
She was so sweet and gentle with her new-found-friend.
HONEST, she was INCREDIBLY gentle with it.
Very loving and nurturing!
Our kitty-boy, Reuben, took a liking to them too.
And while you would think that he was probably licking his 'chops' and wanting to get a hold of one to snack on...to know Reuben, you would know that he was probably standing guard to make sure that our 'other' cat, Carlos, wasn't getting near them.
OK...so after 7 families had shown up with their a.d.o.r.a.b.l.e. kiddos all dressed in their Easter best...
it was A and Had's turn.
(Actually, Had was still napping, so we started with A).
OH MY!!!
She is beginning to look like quite the little woman.
Well...
We Do!
His name is Oliver.
And he is a wonderful bunny to have as a part of our family.
Oh...and he makes a wonderful 'prop' in pictures this time of year.
During a visit with a new friend, Kristal {Kristal Joy Photography}, who is a very talented photographer, I had mentioned that I wanted to have her take a few pictures of our girls for Easter and that I wanted to include Oliver in them as well.(you see, Oliver has been in ALL of our Easter pictures that we've had taken of the girls...even back when it was just A)
Actually, it was at a session at Yuen Lui Studios that we learned that Oliver was up for adoption at the end of his scheduled Easter photo sessions...and me being OVERLY sentimental and too easily attached, decided (after some gentle coaxing to Jas) that he must become a part of our family (so we could continue to use him for our Easter pics).
That's right, we have a bunny that we care for, feed, etc for 365 days a year, basically so we can use him for our girls Easter pics.
But I WILL mention that we DO love him.
Anyhow, back to my original thought...
(cause I did have one)
after mentioning this to Kristal, she told me that she in fact had planned on hostessing a
Spring Mini Photo Shoot for any of her clients that were interested and was in the process of looking for a location.
She asked if she could do it at our home...
and after some serious consideration (took about 1.4 secs) I blurted,
'Of course you can do it here!'
Thus began my immediate motivation to spruce up our gardens and yard.
Kristal's momma, Pam, also brought along 6 baby chicks.
(insert big 'AAWWW')
My girls were infatuated with them...
I mean, how can you not be.
A was a very good 'chickie momma.'
The one she was holding even fell asleep cupped in her hands.
(there were 5 yellow ones and one little black one)
HONEST, she was INCREDIBLY gentle with it.
Very loving and nurturing!
And while you would think that he was probably licking his 'chops' and wanting to get a hold of one to snack on...to know Reuben, you would know that he was probably standing guard to make sure that our 'other' cat, Carlos, wasn't getting near them.
it was A and Had's turn.
(Actually, Had was still napping, so we started with A).
OH MY!!!
She is beginning to look like quite the little woman.
Loving on Had's chickie...Had was obviously still napping, or this picture would NOT have happened with this chick.
Here's Had's version of 'sweet and demure.'But to know this girl...is to know that this moment quickly passed.
Don't get me wrong, she is a very sweet little girl, but she is also such a little 'firecracker.'
Had was in her element and was just 'hamming' it up.
Had loves to have an audience to 'perform' in front of.Since we were the last clients of the day,
Kristal was able to spend a few extra minutes with us
(THANK YOU FOR THAT KRISTAL)
and a few neighbors had gathered to see why we had had random cars coming and going all morning and afternoon.
...and while they may not admit it...
they were also wanting to hold some of the baby chicks as well.
MY FAVORITE !!!
I {love} EVERYTHING about this picture.
You see, A wasn't just wearing these boots as props for the pictures...
they are her 'daily's!'
And she 'rocks' them.
I love how this picture somehow captures some of A's spunky personality in it...even though you can't see her face.
And finally, A showing off how old she was going to be in just 5 days.
(yes, we were counting down)
The {entire} day was WONDERFUL...I got to spend some time with a very talented photographer,
who is expecting soon and sweet as can be.
I also got to spend some time with her lovely momma, Pam,
who I've known for gosh, 8yrs (I think).
And I got to see some absolutely adorable kiddos 'play' around in our yard and have their pictures taken.
Kristal, what do you think?
Do it again next year?
Happy Easter to you all!




4 comments:
WoW! Super cute, adorable girls as ALWAYS! Oh and yes, don't forget Oliver who lives IN the house :)
Yes...Jami...Oliver IS one spoiled bunny. I'll never forget the look on your face the night you discovered that 'we have a bunny...in the house.'
Not to be confused with 'you have a baby...in a bar.'
love it! and yea, mark me down for next year! :)
Yes! I totally quoted sweet home too! :) May be one of my all time favorites. These are just too cute for words. Put me down for a pic of the girls, my fridge pic (easter last year) they look like babies! haha. I definitely think this needs to be an annual thing!
Post a Comment