So I'm a week and a half behind on our Easter Post...
...no biggies!!
I've had a few other projects pulling me from our
'Skaug-Blog.'
(remind me why I didn't make the the address for our Blog...
Skaug-Blog..DUH!!!
Anyhow, back to Easter.
We had celebrated A's birthday the night before,
so we were very fortunate to have Jas mom and dad stick around to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior the following morning.
A and Had woke up...
and were so excited that Grandma and Oobie were still here that they forgot all about Easter Baskets...
(pretty sure that won't happen again).
So after asking A to go feed our puppies,
she was delightfully surprised to see Easter baskets on the table...
as was Had as soon as she discovered there was chocolate involved.
Yep!
I let my girls have Chocolate 'Peeps' for breakfast.
(a request from Oobie)
Does that knock me out of the running for
'Mother-of-the-Year?'
Oh well...
The Easter Bunny knew that A was going to need a swimsuit for this summer
(if the sun ever decides to stay for more than one day)
...and although I didn't get a picture of them,
He brought Had a new pair of BRIGHT BLUE Converse.
(We do LOVE our Converse around this house)
Oh and somehow, a little stuffed lamb was found in each basket....
not by my doing...but I think Grandma said that he had left them in Moses for the girls.
...at least they were small.
And OK, TOTALLY appropriate...
I mean, they were lambs after all.
The girls each got brand new devotionals, too.
They were due..and they both love them.
More CHOCOLATE!!!
...no biggies!!
I've had a few other projects pulling me from our
'Skaug-Blog.'
(remind me why I didn't make the the address for our Blog...
Skaug-Blog..DUH!!!
Anyhow, back to Easter.
We had celebrated A's birthday the night before,
so we were very fortunate to have Jas mom and dad stick around to celebrate the resurrection of our Savior the following morning.
A and Had woke up...
and were so excited that Grandma and Oobie were still here that they forgot all about Easter Baskets...
(pretty sure that won't happen again).
So after asking A to go feed our puppies,
she was delightfully surprised to see Easter baskets on the table...
as was Had as soon as she discovered there was chocolate involved.
I let my girls have Chocolate 'Peeps' for breakfast.
(a request from Oobie)
Does that knock me out of the running for
'Mother-of-the-Year?'
Oh well...
The Easter Bunny knew that A was going to need a swimsuit for this summer
(if the sun ever decides to stay for more than one day)
He brought Had a new pair of BRIGHT BLUE Converse.
(We do LOVE our Converse around this house)
Oh and somehow, a little stuffed lamb was found in each basket....
not by my doing...but I think Grandma said that he had left them in Moses for the girls.
And OK, TOTALLY appropriate...
I mean, they were lambs after all.
The girls each got brand new devotionals, too.
They were due..and they both love them.
More CHOCOLATE!!!
Then, it was onto hunting eggs!
I love this part of the day...
and we were fortunate enough that the rain broke just long enough to get out there...
find them all and dash back inside without getting soaked!
The Easter Bunny didn't pick up all of the toys in the yard...
and she was deceived that this little turquoise ball was an egg.
Oobie and Jas made breakfast and our dear neighbors,
T and Z, came over and joined us for breakfast.
Then, T was gracious enough to offer to watch our girlies so that we could go to church and {actually} get to listen to the message in the sermon.
It was quite and entertaining sermon with a great video advertising their
4th of July Extravaganza (CityBlast).
Check it out...I dare you to watch it without laughing out loud!!
After church, we dashed home...
grabbed the girl-ios...
and we were off to Jas' Aunt Judy's home.
She is such an amazing and thoughtful woman...
(not to mention, one of the best cooks around)
She got the girls a few little Easter goodies...
Here's Had loving her wind-up ducky that did back-flips!
"Crack-Off."
Each participant chooses a hard-boiled egg from the carton
and then the two gently (and sometimes not so gently)
tap the ends of their eggs and whoever cracks is out...
and whoever's egg remains un-cracked moves on to their next opponent.
IT'S A TOTAL RIOT!!
Here's A and 'Tate' playing!!
Watch out...Judy may look mild and contained
but you put an egg in her hand...
and she's an {animal}!
He dyed an egg that hadn't been boiled.
No big deal...until Ella grabbed it and played the game...
except the game played her...
because she obviously lost and ended up with yolk all over the place.
Rick was doubled-over laughing so hard...
and Ella just stood there trying to figure out what in the World had just happened.
She was a great sport though...and Rick got to clean up the mess.
It was the funniest part of the day!
I am so humbled by the love that Jesus has for all of us that he made the ultimate sacrifice and chose to die on the cross so that we may one day live eternally in His Kingdom.
John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.
Now {that's} love!!

No comments:
Post a Comment