Our girls...
along with Jas and I,
find ourselves so Blessed to live so close to family.
My parents are 8 minutes away
{6-if we make the light},
my Uncle Red is just 2 minutes as a crow flies,
and two of my cousins are within 10-minutes.
Sounds fine and dandy...
But we all know that life gets busy
and unless specific plans are made and it's 'put on the calendar'...
that days, weeks and sometimes months go by quick and without warning
{or getting together}.
That's why my Cousin Todd's wife, C and I began
{Cousin Playdates}.
Now, I think that technically our kiddo's are 2nd cousins...
but that's just too darn confusing...
so as far as we are concerned...
they're all just cousins.
We meet the first Wednesday of each month...
unless something major comes up...
and we rotate whose home we meet at.
If it's at our home,
they bring dinner and
if it's at theirs...
we bring dinner.
along with Jas and I,
find ourselves so Blessed to live so close to family.
My parents are 8 minutes away
{6-if we make the light},
my Uncle Red is just 2 minutes as a crow flies,
and two of my cousins are within 10-minutes.
Sounds fine and dandy...
But we all know that life gets busy
and unless specific plans are made and it's 'put on the calendar'...
that days, weeks and sometimes months go by quick and without warning
{or getting together}.
That's why my Cousin Todd's wife, C and I began
{Cousin Playdates}.
Now, I think that technically our kiddo's are 2nd cousins...
but that's just too darn confusing...
so as far as we are concerned...
they're all just cousins.
We meet the first Wednesday of each month...
unless something major comes up...
and we rotate whose home we meet at.
If it's at our home,
they bring dinner and
if it's at theirs...
we bring dinner.
{notice I didn't say sunshine},
and we have begun meeting at
'the river property.'
It's about 10 minutes away...
8+ open acres and right on a local river.
AWWW!!!
{PARADISE}
...and not much clean-up.
We just turn them loose and watch them run.
They have a great time!
{and are super tired by the time that it's time to go home}
and a few thousand laps...
they are tired and ready to go throw rocks in the river.
Does it get more traditional than a boy and his dad throwing rocks...
Golden, than to skip rocks.
She would be great on a camping trip...
...gathering up firewood.

1 comment:
Oh how wonderful! I love the pictures thank you so very much for sharing them :) We LOVE our dates with you and look forward to them every month as well. See you very soon :)
Post a Comment