Thursday, September 1, 2011

It's a First...

Ladies and Gentlemen...
It's a first...
born...
grandchild...
granddaughter...
niece...
great-niece...
{among other things}
...but most importantly...
today she became a
First-Grader!!!
That's right...
she went to bed technically still a kindergartner...
but overnight she magically transformed into a
First-Grader!!!
Of course this meant that we had to have a super quick impromptu photo session in the front yard!!!
{It's a momma's prerogative...}
And this momma expects a few smiles on cue...
Leave it to Had to make these
'on demand smiles'
uniquely all her own.
Oh my precious girls...{my mother in law called a few days back and said she'd had a dream that we were having our 4th girl...Sorry J, I think these two are about all I can handle}

Our dear neighbor, Bri took a similar shot to this one last year...
except I was in it...
but, due to baby, I didn't want to bother her...
turns out she would have been more than willing...
{we may be reenacting it tomorrow}
Instead,
Jas and I took turns being the photog.
I am not sure that it is physically possible for this girl to walk
ANYWHERE!!!
She pretty much sprinted the whole way.And at each intersection she would turn back and run to us...
this provided me with a few more great photo opps.
{Getting a little tired of my requests for
'on-demand smiles.'}
My heart leaps at the sight of this gorgeous little beauty.
Being her momma makes me so happy...
and I am Blessed and humbled that God trusts me and her daddy to raise her.
You know what you do when 'on-demand smiles' are no longer happening???
You start taking pictures of their shoes!
HA HA HA
We are such a Converse Family...
Can't help it...
they are comfortable and cozy...
affordable and go with just about outfit...
and if they don't...
you just go and get the color that matches...so they do.
Of course Had had to have equal photo opportunities.
I think that Converse should use this picture in their Target print ads...
You think???
I think it screams
Fall and Back-to-School
After we rounded the corner...
we came across A's friend,
'Abbra-Cadabbra'
and her sister and dad.
Of course this meant that I had to lag behind for a few more
photos.
{I didn't mind}
Almost there...
making the last cross before being at school!!!
Do you love the EMPTY stroller?
We thought that Had would want to 'stroll' in it...
we were WRONG!
However, it did provide a safe place for my
Caramel Macchiato.
As I was trying to get a shot of A and her girls...
another parent 'stole' their attention and they all turned.
But you know what?
I like this one better.
A little more original and fun!
And you can't tell whose eyes were opened or closed.

After trying 4 times to get one with all of their eyes open,
I gave up and settled on this one.Not sure if this look says,
'I have butterflies about first grade...'
or
'Mom...seriously...enough pictures already!!!'
Off she goes...
officially starting her first day of first grade!!!
I am so proud of her
and so excited for what the year ahead will hold for her.Oopsy...
speaking of which...
I gotta go wake up Had so we can walk to go get her.
Man-Oh-Man
did this day fly by?

I'll post later about the fun that Miss Had and I had.

2 comments:

Coleson & Tate said...

Your posts are so fun to read! I love the photo of just her sitting against the fence. cute! and we love converse, too! :) happy first grade A!

Avery said...

Your girls are just too cute! Love all the pictures... youre soo creative