Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Oh Baby!!!

I have been totally loving our {new} camera.
I have been loving taking pictures of our feisty ladies...
I have been loving taking pictures of our furry kiddos...
I have been loving taking pictures of things in our garden...
{peas have been planted}
There isn't really much that I haven't loved taking pictures of...
{I guess I know why photographers get addicted to their job...
It is so fun to be able to capture great pictures}
{Please don't misunderstand...I am not looking to add photographer to my list of job titles}
However, I did get to play one last weekend when we loaded up our family on a short roadtrip to help one of Jas' great friends celebrate his birthday.

Jolly and his beautiful bride, Uncle Patty {as Had refers to her} are soon expecting a baby girl
{name is not 100% decided upon yet}...
and since I had yet to try my hand at maternity photos,
this was my chance.
What a fun experience I had being able to take some maternity pictures of these {3}.
I am slowly continuing to learn how to use our camera and while I know these are not as fine-tuned as some professionals would take...
I didn't think there were too bad for a stay-at-home momma.

Jolly and Patty...
We are eager to meet your little girl and so excited for the two of you and the experiences that you are about to encounter upon.

It was so cute...he could NOT keep his hands off her tummy...

This may be one of my favorites...
I had seen this technique online and was really excited that it had rained early in the day providing us with a good puddle.
It is kind of fun being able to tell people to {smooch}...
{they were very cooperative}
Her tummy is about the cutest thing...

You can really feel the love between these two...
and I am not sure if anyone has informed them that they are about to love each other even more at the arrival of their daughter.
Parenthood is one of the most wonderful gifts from God!!!
'Uncle' Patty has that pregnancy glow all over her face.
It helps that she is Peruvian and just naturally gorgeous, too.

So eager to get to love on this baby girl...
I figure as long as all of our friends continue to have babies...
then I can just love on theirs for a few hours and still sleep through the night.
She is due in less than 2 weeks and hopefully, I'll get to take some newborn pictures of her as well.
Thanks Jolly and Patty for letting me capture this amazing time for you both!

Jas and Jolly have known each other for probably close to 15 years...
they played community college baseball together, college baseball together and even traveled to England to live for 6 months while playing and coaching baseball.
They have both since retired their cleats and have instead picked up their guns and some camouflage and spend the majority of their shared time together hunting.

They were in each other's wedding and love each other like brothers...
I know that Jas is so excited for Jolly to become a daddy soon...
and is looking forward to seeing how this little baby girl is going to enhance Jolly's world.

I can only imagine how cute these two daddy's will be toting their daughters along with them into the woods for scouting trips...

...Patty and I will be getting pedicures during those trips :-)

1 comment:

Kay's flowers said...

Oh baby is right! How fun and exciting is all of what you wrote about. I love the pictures of Daddy and daughter studying the blble together. That is so touching and sweet and nothing will come close to the bonding of that kind ever.
The picutes of the baby tummy are fabulous! What a fun thing to do and what a great memory you made for them. Great post.