Sunday, May 16, 2010

SUNDAY!!!...already? I mean Tuesday!

Alright...so here I sit...Sunday morning...in a nice and quiet house. Jas is at Happy Donuts (a weekend ritual for he and the girls) and I can't help but sit and rethink my busy, busy weekend.
I'll start by thanking Jas profusely. He took Thursday and Friday off so that I could get all of our stuff packed up and ready for the

I COULD NOT HAVE ACCOMPLISHED ANY OF WHAT I DID WITHOUT HIS HELP. HE IS SO SUPPORTIVE, LOVING AND DOWNRIGHT AMAZING!!!

And I am downright grateful for having such a wonderful man in my corner!

Thank you Lord for creating such a perfect partner for me!

Thursday, the girls and I packed up our 'mock' booth from our garage and got it all loaded up into Margee's van, Bri's truck and our truck. I was shocked that it all fit it there.

But we are VERY GOOD packers...and they were loaded to the gills.





Thankfully the show was only about 8 minutes from our homes. We arrived at around 5:30 and began unloading and hauling stuff into the venue.

Here we are lined up getting our convoy situated before heading off on our adventure.

We work so well as a team.

Here is what our booth looked like at the end of Thursday night as we wandered out around 10pm.




Here we are EAGER for the doors to open Friday night.
Here is another picture of what our booth looked like as you walked in. We had a great array of different finds because Bri, Margee and I rarely ventured out together in search of treasures and we each have our own goodies that we are immediately drawn to. Mine being anything metal and rusty and of course I LOVE metal baskets and old abandoned garden tools. I like to think that each rake, shovel, etc has a story behind it and that they have been used to help carefully prepare dirt to grow something delicious.


I LOVE THIS PICTURE!
The three of us wanted our booth to have an immediate fun feel as soon as you walk in...thus came these incredibly cheery aprons and of course Converse! Here is another picture of us three in front of the cutest 'ole pickup.

I believe it belongs to the Funky Junk Sisters...and IT IS CUTER IS PERSON! 'The Sisters' were gracious enough to let us borrow it for a photo session...led by the cutest gal (with an amazing camera) Kim Taylor (http://www.mimicharmante.blogspot.com/). She was so enthusiastic and sweet and took some pictures of our booth, our aprons, our shoes, etc. I think she could be my new best friend....completely adorable. Be sure and check our her blog.



Here is an early Saturday morning picture of us three lovelies. We gathered back at the show around 9:15am (me after a Starbucks stop) and made a quick decision to 'revamp' our booth to give it a brand new feel for those returning to scour for new treasures. The doors opened at 10am and we were ready for another go of it.


So after Saturday was over...the three of us decided that WE WILL DEFINITELY DO THIS AGAIN. We had a wonderful time, met some fun people and even sold a few things (the hubbs are happy). I'll be sure and keep you all posted about our next sale.

Oh and did I mention that it is now Tuesday night...it took me a little longer to post this than I intended....better late than never, right?

Oh and to prove that I have not been over-consumed with our show...here is a picture that I took of Jas and Had last night having a discussion in the backyard.


And also one of one of our roses, Cecil Brunner...just getting ready to make his yearly appearance over our pergola. He makes me smile and smells so good.

3 comments:

mimi charmante said...

it was so fabulous meeting the three of you - I really hope that you continue to do shows and we run into each other often!
xx

Kay's flowers said...

Tinnell, I love it. Just with I could have been there to see it. I will come to the October show. You three look so cute! See you on my walks.
Kay

Phil and Bri said...

Such a cute post. Can you do the commentary on mine please...your writing is so good :) btw those photos were copyrighted. hehe! I love that last picture. Hadley's body language is screaming out I love my daddy!