I completely forgot how much I L.O.V.E. blogging
(and how much I love getting comments).
So here I go...
two posts in one week.
YIKES!!
A few weeks back,
Jas and I had begun discussing the idea of our two girly's
sharing a room.
It is something we had always thought would be a good idea.
I think that sharing a room teaches children to:
-compromise
-share
-be generous
-tattle
(the last one is something that I am thinking may come in handy more when they are near jr. high ages)
I am hoping that they will try to get away with less if they think that the other may tattle on them.
I'll keep you posted.
Here is a picture of what A's room looked like before I started the transfer.
There is so much light in here...
I love it...
I think that it encompasses everything that a little girl's room should be.
Feminine without being too frou-frou girly.
(We don't do frou-frou well here)
I also love all of the custom trim work that Jas did a few years back prior to moving A up there.
Here is the after.
I know!...not that much changed...
I just straightened out A's bed
and threw a crib in the corner.
TA-DA!
(and how much I love getting comments).
So here I go...
two posts in one week.
YIKES!!
A few weeks back,
Jas and I had begun discussing the idea of our two girly's
sharing a room.
It is something we had always thought would be a good idea.
I think that sharing a room teaches children to:
-compromise
-share
-be generous
-tattle
(the last one is something that I am thinking may come in handy more when they are near jr. high ages)
I am hoping that they will try to get away with less if they think that the other may tattle on them.
I'll keep you posted.
Here is a picture of what A's room looked like before I started the transfer.
I love it...
I think that it encompasses everything that a little girl's room should be.
Feminine without being too frou-frou girly.
(We don't do frou-frou well here)
I also love all of the custom trim work that Jas did a few years back prior to moving A up there.
Here is the after.
I know!...not that much changed...
I just straightened out A's bed
and threw a crib in the corner.
TA-DA!
Now don't go thinking that we leave the crib rail down all the time...
only before she climbs in...
and then up it goes.
That is until she falls asleep.
Then we sneak back up there and lower it...
sound crazy?
There actually is a method to our madness.
A is a VERY HARD SLEEPER
Had...NOT SO MUCH.
So in the instance that Had wakes before sissy,
she can crawl out and come downstairs without waking A...
who is not pleasant when woken before ready.
get ready...
ready???
You sure???
TWO MATCHING VINTAGE, PALE YELLOW TWIN BEDS
Complete with turned spindled head boards.
Hard to envision...
Let's just say they are NOTHING short of INCREDIBLE!
They belong to my dear (and incredibly generous) friend JoAnn.
And as soon as I can get over to her house and help organize the room that they are currently in...I get to bring them home.
Trust me...there WILL be an entire post dedicated to them.
They are too great not to exploit.
Anyhow, back to my original motivation in getting Had upstairs...
it cleared up a room downstairs.
Hmmm...what ever shall I do with a free room.
WOOT-WOOT!!
New sewing room for me!!
I had outgrown my previous sewing space a LONG TIME AGO.
Mainly, because that space doubles as our guest room and is not a large space to begin with.
And although, I had used every spare inch of room available and it forced me to stay incredibly organized...it just wasn't the most convenient.
Which brings me to this!!!
MY NEW SEWING ROOM!!!
This is my cutting table.
It is an amazing vintage drop-leaf table that Margee so generously traded me for.
I love it.
It's very sturdy...but also has femininity to her...
I mean look as those legs.
It keeps me cheery and motivated to get my orders complete.
I know...orders, right?
It's true.
My sewing business has been slowly flourishing.
For instance, these cute 'tie-tees.'
The two on the outside are for an upcoming wedding
for the ring bearers.
And the one in the middle is for a friend of a friend.
This too came from JoAnn...
...in it's previous life it was a vanity in the bathroom of one of their rentals.
It was green and had a giant gaping hole in the top from where the sink had sat.
So I sanded it down, Jas gave it a coat of white paint and a concrete top (leftovers from our kitchen counters) and I got some butterfly knobs for the drawers.
It was previously in A's room
(you can see it in one of the above pics)
But it works perfect down here.
And our current computer desk.
I know!
It's not the cutest and does not continue with the theme of donated vintage goods that the rest of the room carries...but for now it'll just have to do.
That is of course unless you have something incredible that you would like to replace it with...
in which case,
I am accepting donations!
Turns out to be a great place to take pics of them and upload them to my facebook album.
Actually, we have known each other for quite some time...
it's just recently that we have gotten a little closer.
She's an incredible mom (she had a great example) to these
absolutely adorable boys...
and although you can't tell...
there's one more on the way.
Pink, maybe?
Her boys are both wearing one of my 'tie-tees,'
and couldn't have been more handsome models.
Did I mention that Kristal has her own photography business that she has recently launched?She's amazing gifted and down-right affordable!
Check out her blog:
kristaljoyphotography.blogspot.com
This is the very first creation completed in my new room.
It's an address banner for a friend.
I will soon be starting on some more goodies for her front porch!
Can't Wait.
Perfect for spring and currently available at
Windmill Gardens in Sumner, WA.
There are others similar to this that say:
egg and nest.
I know what you're thinking...
twins??
Are you kidding me?
The shirt on the left is twice the size of the one on the right.
He's just growing a little faster...
but from what I hear...what she lacks in lbs,
she makes up for in 'sass.'
They are also the first of 3 sets of twins that 3 of my friends have had.I don't think I want to take that chance...
...I think we'll be done with two...
...maybe?
in a nutshell.
A VERY LARGE NUTSHELL,
with a lot of pictures and long-winded commentary,
some of the recent changes that have been taking place at the Skaug House lately.
I figured I had better get them done now while it's...
cold,
wet,
windy,
dreary
(can you tell February is NOT one of my favorite months)
...because spring will be here soon and then we'll be outside playing and planting.
But amidst all of the physical changes happening around here,
there are still a few constants:
-I am humbled by God's love for my family and I
and the Blessings he so generously allows for us,
-My husband is my best friend and helps me to be a better person
-My girl's are sassy, caring, smart and downright hysterical
-I have some of the best, most generous and sincere friends I could ever dream of
and
I STILL LOVE ME A GOOD STARBUCKS GRANDE, NONFAT CARAMEL MACCHIATO.
P.S. Coming soon: Pictures of our NEW AND IMPROVED guest room...
Grandma Jill...get excited!
Grandma Jill...get excited!

3 comments:
T, you are doing amazing!! I am inspired by your sewing room. The transformation looks fantastic and I can totally see these beautiful twin beds in my hed. You are inspiring me to get out my sewing machine!
Sydney
I made the post!! thank you! :) I love the girls' room color. IF we ever get a girl, her room will be blue, too...but a little more frou frou ;) (after two boys can you blame me?!) and I love your sewing room. I need you to come to my house and get things organized, tell me what to buy and what to do. Someday!?
You're amazing.
xo
The rooms are so pretty. The girls will love being together as they get older and your sewing room gives me some ideas for my own that I will get to start soon. I love the long post and all the pictures. I didn't know that your pillows were at Windmill Nursery being sold. That's great. Have a good weekend.
Love,
Kay
Post a Comment