Life is busy...
just plain busy...
there I said it...
it's out there!!!
I am not one who can sit around on the couch and lounge...
to know me is to know that...
however, life seems so darn busy right now,
that just sitting on the couch to quietly read a magazine seems down right dreamy these days!
In the course of the last month:just plain busy...
there I said it...
it's out there!!!
I am not one who can sit around on the couch and lounge...
to know me is to know that...
however, life seems so darn busy right now,
that just sitting on the couch to quietly read a magazine seems down right dreamy these days!
* A has 'graduated' Kindergarten and is eagerly anticipating 1st grade.
* Had had her preschool orientation.
* Jas left a job that he'd had for the past 9 years and took a leap of faith into a new company (change is not something we do well, but this seemed to fit our family too perfectly).
* Jas has also kept busy with a few side-jobs (keeping him busy, but what a huge blessing for our family).
* My friend, Margee and I opened our own little shop in her barn and had our inaugural sale...it was a great success and we had a ball and also got to see some new and some familiar faces.
* I have been sewing my little rear off.
* Our dear friends and neighbors welcomed a sweet little girl into their family.
This short, little list is only a small snippet of the in's and out's of the Skaug Home lately...but one not mentioned that should be (because it was so fun) is that Jas' Aunt Barb flew in from California for a visit!! She hadn't been to WA since our wedding (almost 8 years ago) and hadn't been home to Moses in 14 years.
Needless to say, it was LONG OVERDUE and we had a great time!
We decided that since she was to be in town that it would be the perfect time to throw a Bridal Shower for her niece, Jas' cousin, Erin.
We had a B.L.A.S.T!!!
Attention to detail is something that Barb and I do WELL!!!
As I would make a suggestion, she would have been countering me with one of her's.
We decided that since she was to be in town that it would be the perfect time to throw a Bridal Shower for her niece, Jas' cousin, Erin.
We had a B.L.A.S.T!!!
Attention to detail is something that Barb and I do WELL!!!
As I would make a suggestion, she would have been countering me with one of her's.
Cut forward to the actual Bridal Shower:
Here are all of the lovely ladies playing
'Shower Games.'
Here are all of the lovely ladies playing
'Shower Games.'
I know that not everyone loves 'Shower Games,' so we kept them to a minimum and painless (i.e. no Toilet Paper Bride, etc)
Here is Barb and Jill putting their two heads together to try and complete one of the games...
We decided that it wasn't cheating because Jill was on some pain killers and not fully functioning.
(She broke her foot/serious sprain right before school was out...a whole nother story)
Here is Barb and Jill putting their two heads together to try and complete one of the games...
We decided that it wasn't cheating because Jill was on some pain killers and not fully functioning.
(She broke her foot/serious sprain right before school was out...a whole nother story)
We had a great time searching for candy to match the color theme of the wedding.
A cross for her and Ryan's new home from her sister, Andy.
(in a good way)...
Erin got the gift most bride's to be dream of...
a Brand -Spankin-New
Kitchen Aid Mixer...
from her dad and step-momma, Yvonne.
after church, everyone gathered back at Jill and Eric's for Brunch.
Someone said that this is the first time that all 5 original Skaug siblings have been together since our wedding.
A DEFINITE reason to celebrate!!!
Here Eric, Howard and Ray are taking an active role in Brunch.
I don't do golf, so I can't tell you the particulars...
I can only tell you that there was some really young guy golfing that looked like I could be his momma.
the girls decided that it would be a nice change of pace to sit and relax and enjoy a moment of sunshine.
This is Jas' Aunt Marie...
and she is about the funniest thing ever!
We don't see each other nearly as often as I would prefer...
but that may be a good thing,
we could get into A LOT of trouble together!!
loading them up with all of the delicious fixin's...
blueberry sauce and powdered sugar.
OOThere was a joke that followed shortly here after...
something about 'death by powdered sugar.'
And here are the remnants of where Oobie Doob was putting his together.
Love you OOB!!!
something about 'death by powdered sugar.'
And here are the remnants of where Oobie Doob was putting his together.
Love you OOB!!!
don't look too close,
cause big surprise,
Had is 'sans' pants!

1 comment:
Looks like it was so much fun. I Know how much you love your family and it looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Have a great week and I will see you in the neighborhood again sometime.
Blessings,
Kay
Post a Comment