Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Man of the House....

Alright, I have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to 'brag' on my incredible hubb, Jas, and today, being Father's Day, seems fitting enough.
WARNING: It may get a little syrupy sweet.

P.S. The above picture is one of my most favorites of Jas...this was taken during one of our Progressive Dinners...to be 'posted' about soon. Bri captured Jas with his most genuine smile...

First and foremost, Jas, is a great example of what a strong Christian man should be. His relationship with Christ is of most importance to him. And while some men view relying on God for their strength and to be their guide as a weakness, Jas knows that it ONLY makes him stronger. He is soley responsible for bringing my relationship with Christ closer (of which I don't thank him enough for).

Which brings me to the next great thing about Jas...

...He is faithfully and un-endingly (I like to make up my own words) devoted to me and our marriage.


On August 23, 2003, when Jas and I exchanged vows, I KNEW without ANY hesitation that he and I would be married for our forevers. Jas takes his vow to me to be my hubb very seriously, and while there are difficult days (sometimes seasons "i.e. hunting") (anyone who says there isn't hard times...is lying), giving up IS NOT AN OPTION for us and he is commited to me wholeheartedly...and he is handsome to boot.

This is us on a 'no kids' camping trip...with great friends and riding quads.

Next, and the thing that makes me smile the most is Jas' dedication to be the best dad he can to our little lovelies. From the day that A was born and continuing to this moment, Jas is constantly striving to be supportive and loving to his girls.


He told me once that it is his job to make sure and set the standard high for our girls in their expectations from their future boyfriends/husbands. He takes the girls for a date each Saturday and Sunday morning for donuts...and is sure to call and talk to both of them during his days at work.






I love watching them exchange 'I love you's' multiple times throughout the day. And when given the choice of who A wants to snuggle with at night before bed, between Jas and I, 9 times out of 10, she picks him. No hurt feelings here. I love their relationship.

Jas is also great at including his girls in his hobbies (he secretly prays that they will both want to hunt with him as they get older).

Look! They even dress alike!
And when Had needed to be transferred to Children's Hospital after she was born, and I had yet to be released from TG from having her, Jas spent her first two nights there with her, unitl I could get there.



Jas is a very genuine, patient and loving man...whether it's in his relationship with his God, his wife, his kids or ANYONE ELSE...and I am forever grateful that he chose me to spend the rest of his life with.

I love you, FOUR!

1 comment:

Phil and Bri said...

I loved this post! He is that great too! I can't believe that was Had last summer out in the driveway in front of the lemonade stand. Where has the the time gone! I love you friend, truly truly.