Sunday, June 6, 2010

WWHHHEEEEE!!!!

If you live in Washington...you very well know that our spring has felt more like winter and you are EAGERLY waiting for summer to get here...(as of my count it's only 14 more days away).

Last Thursday, we were gifted a few hours of blue skies and white fluffy clouds. Perfect afternoon for the girls and I to head to a local park and enjoy some play time (right after a quick stop at Starbucks). Lucky for us, we were met by our dear friend Margee, her son, Preston and her new incredible camera. If you know Margee, you know that she is a very talented woman in ALL ASPECTS! Photography is no exception.

Here are a few of my favorites that she took of my girls on Thursday.















The thing that I love most about these three pictures is that they are all the same picture...just cropped in a little more each frame.

















As I look back at these pictures, I am reminded of carefree and joyful days of childhood; specifically, the HOURS AND HOURS of time that I spent on the swingset in my parents backyard....swinging as high as we could and doing our best to 'raise the legs' of the swingset off the ground.

Oh, how I long for those days again, and while I know I can't go back and relive those days again....I can do my best to help provide and nurture 'these days' for my girls so that they may look back as fondly as I do of mine.



1 comment:

Phil and Bri said...

Love these shots! Can't wait to see Margee's new camera too. Had in her strawberry shirt is so cute!