OK...Grandma Jill...I would like to humbly welcome you to your new guest room...
Welcome to Camp Skaug!!
Welcome to Camp Skaug!!
we have done a little remodeling, restructuring and reorganizing around the Skaug House.
As Had moved up to A's room, and my sewing room moved down into Had's old room...
it freed up our existing guest room with a little more space and the need for a mini-makeover.
Now please forgive me for being so terrible for taking 'before' pictures.
I just get too caught up in the moment in what I am doing to remember to or want to take a break to grab my camera.
The guest room has ALWAYS been referred to as the 'knotty' room.
(take note that's
k.n.o.t.t.y.
NOT
n.a.u.g.h.t.y.).
When we purchased our home this particular room was specifically noted for it's knotty pine walls and built-ins.
It was a definite selling point for me.
Anyhow, since Jas doesn't give much decorating advice and is pretty laid-back about how I style our home,
I thought that I would give him a room that represents one of his biggest passions
hunting and being outdoors.
But of course I had to give it my own vintage twist and decided upon
a Summer Camp theme.
I LOVE IT...and so does he (or so he says).
I thought that I would give him a room that represents one of his biggest passions
hunting and being outdoors.
But of course I had to give it my own vintage twist and decided upon
a Summer Camp theme.
I LOVE IT...and so does he (or so he says).
and Jas' parents decided that since it didn't really fit the style of their new home,
that IT needed a new home and we were more than happy to welcome her.
Not only because we are crazy-sentimental about things,
but also because 'she' has style and class.
Looks a lot like a line of bedside tables that PotteryBarn has for sale currently.
I have had the suitcases on the left since my college days.
I think that they set a good tone for visiting.
A and I have been collecting any sort of deer figurine that we come across.
This ledge created the perfect spot to display a few of our favorites.
Last summer, while out scouring for treasures,
I met an older gentleman by the name, Frank...
HE WAS ONE-OF-A-KIND!!
...and had some of the coolest treasures.
Of course, he wasn't ready to part with everything...
...but he would always leave me hanging with...
"Nah, not this week. Check back in a few weeks. I may be ready then."
Long story short...
after stopping in every few weeks for a few months,
Frank passed away.
S.A.D.
and asked if she would mind if I had the chair.
And to my surprise, she was more than welcome to share.
So this will ALWAYS be
Frank's Chair.
...then Margee bought them from Bri...
...and now Margee is 'loaning' them to me...
until she needs them back.
OK...NOW TO MY FAVORITE PART OF THE ROOM.
***quick side note***
I woke up this morning with an extra girl
(neighbor girl who had a sleepover with A)
and an extra boy
(neighbor boy who I watch during the week)
and EVERY anticipation of going out searching for treasures with my favorite
PARTNER IN CRIME...
Dawn!
She was loading up her 4 girls
and not to be outdone,
I was taking 4 of my own
(2 biological and 2 borrowed).
We had come across a sale that was sure to be one to go down in the history books.
Well, simply put...
...not so much!
However, I did find a few things that I
NEEDED for our 'new' guest room.
A vintage paint-by-number coloring book
and of Wild Animals of all things.
This was without question
Meant to be!!!
Now again, I am way to sentimental to actually paint in this book.
HOWEVER, I am clever enough to get copies of some of our favorite pages and create my own masterpieces...
...and if I am feeling particularly generous,
I may even let A do her own.
(cause let's face it...these are most cute when a young child has completed them)
A set of leather tags that I am assuming were used for the farmer's heifers...
I {love} everything about them.
I especially love that every one of them in unique and different...
I just wish I knew what the starts symbolized.
Hopefully, it's not the number of calves they have had.
YIKES!!
***one of them has 13***
'camp' theme.'
However, they do serve as a great bargaining tool to use later with Dawn.
I am sure that she'll come across something this summer that I will just
have to have...at which time I will forfeit these to her.
UH-UMMM....laundry basket.
(refer back to post titled: No Boys Allowed)
And last but not least...
this cute, little cast iron pot.
It's tiny...but it will be the perfect little votive holder.
I did find some that were put to use as soon as I got home.
Oh and the price you wonder...
let's just say I spent probably 4 times as much in gas to get there as I did in purchasing my goodies.
Oh and last but not least...back to the guest room.
Let me introduce you to Jas' prized possession,
Carlos,
(No, not our cat)
a buck that Jas shot a few years back.
So there you have it Grandma Jill (and whoever else may have happened upon my blog post)
our newly made-over guest room.
Each time I go in there, I can't help but get the camp song:
"Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh.
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Camp is very entertaining.
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining".
I may have to find a copy of this camp song, frame it and put it on the dresser.
And if you would like to stay for a visit at
Camp Skaug...we are currently accepting reservations for the upcoming summer months...cause let's face it...
WE LOVE VISITORS!!
Happy Three-Day Weekend to You All..
Hope it is restful, productive (if you want it to be)
and spent with those who love you most
our newly made-over guest room.
Each time I go in there, I can't help but get the camp song:
"Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh.
Here I am at Camp Granada.
Camp is very entertaining.
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining".
I may have to find a copy of this camp song, frame it and put it on the dresser.
And if you would like to stay for a visit at
Camp Skaug...we are currently accepting reservations for the upcoming summer months...cause let's face it...
WE LOVE VISITORS!!
Happy Three-Day Weekend to You All..
Hope it is restful, productive (if you want it to be)
and spent with those who love you most

2 comments:
You are SO creative. I love the "new" room!
Love the room so so much! You didn't show your viewers how cool the bed is though?!!? That makes it "camp Skaug" in my opinion. Also love the lunch boxes, so nice of Margee :) They look adorable!
Post a Comment